Thursday, January 15, 2009

3rd Person & Stuttering

For a while now, Judah has been referring to himself solely in the 3rd person. Having no other kids of my own to compare this behavior to, I assumed this was a normal phase that every kid goes through. Recently though, several moms have noticed him referring to himself as "Judah" instead of me or I and have asked me if he always referred to himself this way. People seem to think it's pretty funny that he does that. One mom told me that her oldest (a daughter) had referred to herself in the 3rd person but neither of her boys had done it. I think it is pretty adorable. I'm sure he'll grow out of it soon enough and I'll miss it so I wanted to be sure to write it down so I wouldn't forget something unique that he did when he was 3.

Judah has also been going through a phase of pretty bad stuttering. It is definitely getting better but, for several weeks, I was beginning to get a bit worried that it was more than just a phase he was going through. I think that, as his vocabulary grows, his mouth just has a hard time keeping up with his brain. Anyway, the stuttering has vastly improved and he is definitely becoming quite the jabberbox. Just wind him up and watch him go!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Bryce went through a time with extreme stuttering for a few weeks. This was maybe 6 months ago... we all got worried, Grandma was calling her teacher friends. Checked online, etc. But it all ironed out. Like you said, they go through a time where they are just learning so many words that it is impossible for the mouth to keep up. :) It's so fun to hear their new words and expressions....
Just though I'd encourage you! I'm sure he will be fine soon.