Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Quick Stop In The Windy City

We decided to spend half a day in Chicago--my (Teri's) old stompin' grounds--on our way over to visit Steve's family in northern indiana earlier this month. In the several years that I lived in and around Chicago, I never once visited Shedd Aquarium so now that Judah was old enough to enjoy it, we decided to check it out. A bonus was that the day we chose to go was FREE ADMISSION day!! Woo Hoo Thank you, God! We had a fun couple of hours at the aquarium and then headed to E. 57th St. for lunch at The Medici on 57th. The Medici is a restaurant that I used to work for when I lived in Chicago and the location of this particular Medici is where my apartment used to be. I lived in the upstairs while they gutted the downstairs to move the restaurant in. So the Medici has a special place in my heart and their food is delish, too. It is located in the heart of the University of Chicago campus--a little oasis surrounded by sketchville. At the Medici they encourage you to leave your mark anywhere you can find a spot. The photos show me and Judah doing just that. What a FUN day we had!

1 comment:

Krista M. Vickers said...

aww! I love your family!! Your son is such a beautiful boy!