Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Let me brag a bit...


...not about myself but about my wonderful (and humble) husband. Not only did he help ME prepare for the 1/2 marathon but he was also training for it himself. The Rock N River Half was Steve's 3rd 1/2 marathon. Each one he has bettered his own finishing time. His goal for the Rock N River was 1 hour 23 minutes. He didn't quite make that time (his actual finishing time was 1 hour 25 minutes) but it was STILL a PR for him. Not only that but he placed 13th OVERALL out of approximately 700 participants. Am I married to an amazing athlete or what?! Of course he downplayed all of his own accomplishments so that I would be able to fully savor my own accomplishment. I'm the luckiest (read: blessed) girl in the world!

2 comments:

Whitten415 said...

I knew there was some important news left out of the last post! Congrats Steve! You ARE an amazing athlete and Teri is indeed blessed to have you as her husband! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Steve - you are truly an amazing athlete ... and a faithful, loving husband, father and friend. It is such a joy to see how God continues to radiate through you and Teri ... and Coram Deo. Singing praises to God for all He is doing in your lives and the lives of all the people you touch in Reno! Love, ~Sloane