Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day
















Today is Mother's Day. As I sit here enjoying a few quiet moments to myself to catch up on things while Judah naps, I am overwhelmed by the incredible blessings that I have. My own mother is one of my best friends and is one of the most loving, compassionate, non-judgmental and sacrificial godly women I've ever known. Steve's mom is a genuinely loving, caring and selfless person as well. I look at the amazing women around me at church (and my own sisters, aunts, etc.) who juggle the many special people, roles and responsibilities in their own lives and am humbled that God would grant me such a wonderful gift and blessing of being Judah's mother. I'd heard it said many times before I became a mother--"Being a mother is the toughest job you'll ever love."--but never truly comprehended the depth of that statement until becoming a mother myself. Motherhood can be thankless and frustrating, heart-wrenching and perplexing (and so much more!) but to have the opportunity, responsibility and privilege of nurturing, teaching, guiding, directing, loving, serving, disciplining and shaping the life and character of a little person whom you pray will grow to be a godly man or woman is the greatest gift that God can ever give us outside of the gift of His Son, Jesus. Thank you, Lord, for entrusting this precious little guy to me. I ask for your wisdom, courage and strength to raise Judah in a way that is pleasing and glorifying to You. I LOVE YOU, MOM! Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Rose said...

Teri, you have blessed my heart with this blog. I love you.
Mom

Matt & Becki Hart said...

Ditto Mom's remark. Thanks for the reminders of what it means to be a mom - it is easy to get caught up in the drudgery of day to day life. Happy Mother's Day!
Bec

Whitten415 said...

Happy Mother's Day to all the special moms in my life- my own included! I love you girls! I have been very blessed in my life with some amazing women and children (nieces and nephews, included!)

Anonymous said...

Teri, I have found myself thinking so many of the same things you wrote in this blog. I, too, feel blessed beyond words to have the incredible privelege, honor and responsibility of being Matthew's mom. As you wrote, he is the most precious gift God has given me next to the gift of Jesus, and of my husband, Robert.
I love you, dear friend. Happy (belated) Mother's Day. In Christ's love, ~Sloane