Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tomorrow's The BIG DAY


Well, it's finally here...the day I've been training for since early winter...the Rock n' River 1/2 Marathon. Although I don't feel "ready" to do the distance (13.1 miles) in the time that I have set as a goal (2.5 hours), but I have a peace about it. I know that, although my training has been plagued with knee injuries, sinus infection and other "life" issues, God will give me the strength to persevere to the finish. I am so thankful that God has given me a strong and healthy body and the opportunity to challenge myself in a way I never have before. I suppose you could call it a mid-life crisis (I turn 40 in July) but I think it's just another way that I can give glory and honor to God, who made it all happen. I will definitely be glad when it's over but will celebrate the fact that I have accomplished a lofty goal that I set for myself. Steve has been a tremendous encourager, coach and running partner and has helped a great deal with Judah to make this happen so I also thank God for giving me such a wonderful husband and best friend. I couldn't have made it this far without him! Thanks for your prayers and encouragement through my training. I'll let you know how it goes...

1 comment:

Whitten415 said...

I know that you'll do GREAT whether it's in 2 hours or 4! You are such an inspiration to me, Teri! I can't wait to hear how you did...